Is your teenager looking for volunteering or skills opportunities for Duke of Edinburgh, Yoni Jesner or other similar schemes? If so, we’re launching a programme for students in the Synagogue and, eventually, in the wider community which will make it easier to source appropriate and fun things to do.
- Helping children’s service leaders to run services
- Working with SHY leaders in services and behind the scenes on newsletters, quizzes and other fun creative IT ideas
- Improving skills and knowledge, tailor-made for individual students
- Leadership training at our exciting and new JLGB (Jewish Lads and Girls Brigade) Club.
- Six-month volunteering at the Royal Free Hospital (over 16’s only)
Towards the end of the year we also hope to include:
- Befriending the elderly or housebound and helping them with IT skills, reading or simply chatting to them
- Helping families after school, with homework or tutoring or just being around to provide an extra pair of hands at a busy time of day
If you are interested, please contact Marcelle Glantz or Wendy Filer.